[Rd] [R] Semantics of sequences in R

Berwin A Turlach berwin at maths.uwa.edu.au
Tue Feb 24 14:14:36 CET 2009

G'day Dimitris,

On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 11:19:15 +0100
Dimitris Rizopoulos <d.rizopoulos at erasmusmc.nl> wrote:

> in my opinion the point of the whole discussion could be summarized
> by the question, what is a design flaw? This is totally subjective,
> and it happens almost everywhere in life. [...]

Beautifully summarised and I completely agree.  Not surprisingly,
others don't.

[...]
> To close I'd like to share with you a Greek saying (maybe also a
> saying in other parts of the world) that goes, for every rule there
> is an exception. [...]

As far as I know, the same saying exist in English.  It definitely
exist in German.  Actually, in German it is "every rule has its
exception including this rule".  In German there is one grammar rule
that does not have an exception.  At least there used to be one; I am
not really sure whether that rule survived the recent reform of the
German grammar rules.

Cheers,

	Berwin