[Rd] Sending an interrupt signal to an embedded R

Laurent Gautier lgautier at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 14:01:14 CET 2009

Dear List,

I am working on a Python-R interface in which an embedded R is used (rpy
project on sourceforge).

I would like to allow the interruption of R computation through signals,
that is handle signals sent to the embedded R process while computing,
but I am unsure regarding what is currently the most appropriate
approach. I have found threads on this list from up to two years ago,
but there appeared to be some debating... making it difficult to choose
on which end to start (platform-specific variability in the examples is
also making it for a steep start).

Is there a documentation on the topic I would have missed ?

Thanks,

Laurent