[Rd] Firefox 3 and HTML Search

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Fri Jan 9 18:53:47 CET 2009

Hmm, from NEWS

     o   help.search() has new argument 'searchEngine' to go
         directly to the search form: this is needed by users of
         Firefox 3 to workaround a bug in interpreting the search
         results pages.

and CHANGES (2.7.2)

     o   Rgui has a new menu item 'Html search page' on the Help menu,
         which goes directly to the HTML search form.  This is needed
         by users of Firefox 3, which generates incorrect links in
         search results when the page is accessed via the 'Html help'
         menu item (or via help.start()).

It is a Firefox bug, documented in the R-admin manual.