[Rd] interrupting R from a GUI

Felix Andrews felix at nfrac.org
Fri Jan 16 07:07:43 CET 2009

list(...),

I am looking for a way to interrupt R from a callback: specifically,
to interrupt plotting (typically on a cairoDevice, but would be good
if it worked with other devices too). Of course, one can interrupt R
nicely from the console with Ctrl-C (or Esc in Rgui), but I need to do
it from a GUI. Callbacks run in a new thread, so obviously stop() etc
will not work. I tried to look into how Rgui does it...
https://svn.r-project.org/R/trunk/src/gnuwin32/psignal.c
?...but it is beyond me.

Alternatively, might there be a way to tell the cairoDevice widget to
stop drawing, somehow?

Any help would be appreciated.

-Felix

--