[Rd] loading RBlas.dll

sachin1234 Sachinthaka.Abeywardana at csiro.au
Fri Jan 23 04:17:00 CET 2009

hi everyone,

Im implementing a new RBlas dll but just for optimising sake i need to know
how and WHERE (which source code) RBlas gets loaded. there is a call to
loadlibrary() in dynload.c BUT it seems this is not the function that is

how do i know this? well i added the code :(just after the loadlibrary()
call)
        /*********************************************/
	/*this section writes into files which libraries were loaded*/
	file=fopen("libraries.txt","a");
	fputs(path,file);
	fputs("\n",file);
	fclose(file);
	/******************************************/
so that it prints out the path names of which ever libraries are loaded and
the output is:
C:/DOCUME~1/abe044/MYDOCU~1/PROJEC~1/GPU_BLAS/R-28~1.1/library/methods/libs/methods.dll
C:/DOCUME~1/abe044/MYDOCU~1/PROJEC~1/GPU_BLAS/R-28~1.1/library/grDevices/libs/grDevices.dll
C:/DOCUME~1/abe044/MYDOCU~1/PROJEC~1/GPU_BLAS/R-28~1.1/library/stats/libs/stats.dll

and i think i got tools.dll to load as well. I cant find where R.dll,
Rblas.dll etc gets loaded. My main focus is Rblas.dll

now heres what i expect. Whenever you open R it runs one of its script files
which contains dyn.load and loads it. HOWEVER as far as i understand
dyn.load must be using dynload.c. Hence it should spit loading blas into
libraries.txt which it doesnt do.

I am stumped. I've spend nearly 2 days on this. any help would be
appreciated