[Rd] Dynamic libraries

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Sat Jul 4 01:53:26 CEST 2009

On 03/07/2009 4:37 PM, robin cowan wrote:
> I am trying to write a dynamic linked library for R, in Pascal.

You need to tell us what Pascal compiler you're using.  You may need to
ask your compiler provider how to compile something to interface with R,
or tell us all sorts of details that you may not know.  Such as:

  - what is "integer"?
  - what is "cdecl"?

Those have obvious answers; but it really depends on your compiler
writer to implement them in the obvious way or some other.  And then
there's:

- what registers does your compiler preserve across calls?

That's usually much harder to discover, but really crucial for stable
performance of the caller.

Duncan Murdoch

  (This