[Rd] Starting R Commander doesn't work (PR#13806)

mb990434 at uni-greifswald.de mb990434 at uni-greifswald.de
Mon Jul 6 10:25:12 CEST 2009

Full_Name: Noyb
Version: 2.9.1
OS: Ubuntu 9.04
Submission from: (NULL) (141.53.34.152)

Hello,
I installed the GUI R Commander and tried to open it out of R by

> library("Rcmdr").

The following message occurred:
"Lade nötiges Paket: tcltk
Error in firstlib(which.lib.loc, package) :
  Tcl/Tk auf diesem System nicht verfügbar
Fehler: Paket 'tcltk' konnte nicht geladen werden"

(in English: Load needed package: tcltk
             Error in firstlib(which.lib.loc, package) :
             Tcl/Tk not available on this system
             Error: package 'tcltk' could not be loaded).

I'd like to use the GUI instead of working from the shell, so how do I get it to
run?

Thanks in advance.