[Rd] feature request Windows: open .R script with Rgui.exe from Explorer (PR#13808)

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Tue Jul 7 03:34:29 CEST 2009

On 06/07/2009 6:50 AM, f.papenmeier at iwm-kmrc.de wrote:
> Full_Name: Frank Papenmeier
> Version: 2.9.1
> OS: Windows Vista
> Submission from: (NULL) (134.2.190.254)
>

> Hi,
>
> is it possible to modify Rgui.exe in order to allow the following behavior:
>
> Double-click in Windows explorer on fooscript.R will open an instance of
> Rgui.exe with the script being opened as well as the working directory being set
> to the directory of fooscript.R

That sounds like a reasonable request.  I'll review a patch to implement
it if you write one (or convince someone else to do so).  One way would
be to change the R edit() command so it doesn't wait for you to finish
editing; then it could all be done by R code run from your startup file.

Duncan Murdoch