[Rd] Changing text in a tkentry widget

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 02:03:53 CEST 2009

I assume that what is wanted is that "Anonymous" should
change to "changed name" when the "Change" button is pressed.

In that case enter this and then press the Change button
at which point "Anonymous" should change to "changed name".

library(tcltk)
tt <- tktoplevel()
Name <- tclVar("Anonymous")
entry.Name <-tkentry(tt, width = "20", textvariable = Name)
tkgrid(entry.Name)
OnChange <- function() {
	tclvalue(Name) <- "changed name"
}
Change.but <-tkbutton(tt,text="   Change   ",command = OnChange)
tkgrid(Change.but)
tkfocus(tt)