[Rd] ordering dataframe for strata() (PR#13830)

marc_schwartz at me.com marc_schwartz at me.com
Tue Jul 14 21:30:28 CEST 2009

On Jul 14, 2009, at 2:10 PM, eric.vanderwal at usask.ca wrote:

> I've been using strata(sampling) and found that if the dataframe to be
> sampled ("data") consists of repeated measures that are not sorted in
> order the run will fail on a given stratum.  Ordering the dataframe
> prior to using strata() eliminates this problem.
>
> Thanks,
> Eric

If you are reporting a bug, then as per the R FAQ and the Posting
Guide, you are asked to report bugs on contributed packages to the
package maintainer, not to the R Bug Repository.

If you are simply reporting curious behavior for the benefit of
others, then please post it to R-help and do not report it as a bug. I
would still contact the package maintainer, who may wish to add
clarifications to the package/function documentation.

Marc Schwartz