[Rd] bug in texi2dvi? (PR#13833)

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Thu Jul 16 01:19:51 CEST 2009

On 15/07/2009 6:00 AM, paola at idsia.ch wrote:

> I am trying to call texi2dvi on a very simple tex-file (see below) and
> it fails with a memory access error. I originally tried to call it on
> another, meaningful tex file with the same error occuring. I am
> attaching a screenshot.
>
> Thank you very much for your help.

I couldn't view your screenshot, but I wonder why you think this is an R
bug.  texi2dvi is a separate program, unrelated to R, except that R uses
it for some of the documentation.

(texinfo is designed to process .texi files, not .tex:  your file looked
like latex to me, so I'm not surprised texinfo failed, but I'm somehwat
surprised it had a memory access error.)

Duncan Murdoch