[Rd] Checking package on Windows (and seemingly irreproducible errors in CRAN checks)

Carlos J. Gil Bellosta cgb at datanalytics.com
Tue Jul 28 22:31:11 CEST 2009

Hello,

I submitted a small package, colbycol, to CRAN. I developed it on Linux
and tested it on my Linux box and another Windows machine. Besides,
other people kindly tested it in their systems.

The package seems to "compile" correctly in r-forge for Windows. In
fact, you can find the binary package at

http://r-forge.r-project.org/R/?group_id=426.

However, in CRAN, the Windows package cannot be built according to

http://cran.r-project.org/web/checks/check_results_colbycol.html

I cannot reproduce the error. I can guess very little more about what
could have gone wrong. The error seems to happen at a time when R tries
to read a temporary file (in a temporary folder) that has just been
created in a call to a non-R piece of code that does not catch its IO
exceptions, if any.

Any ideas? Suggestions?

Best regards,

Carlos J. Gil Bellosta