[Rd] Checking package on Windows (and seemingly irreproducible errors in CRAN checks)

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Wed Jul 29 17:38:22 CEST 2009

Mathieu Ribatet wrote:
> Dear Carlos,
>
>>From your check results:
>
>         cbc.data <- cbc.read.table( system.file("data",
>         "cbc.test.data.txt", package = "colbycol"), sep = "\t" )
>                 Warning in file(file, "r") :
>                 cannot open file '0001': No such file or directory
>
> I think you're trying to read the file "cbc.test.data.txt" located in
> the folder "data" of your package skeleton. Is that right? If so, maybe
> using
>
>         paste(system.file(package = "colbycol"),
>         "data/cbc.test.data.txt", sep="/")
>
> will solve your issue - although I didn't try.

It won't slve it, because reading that file works, but reading file
"0001" does ot which is handled within cbc.read.table() in the lines

   for( column in names(columns) ){
         tmp <- read.table( columns[[column]]$filename, sep = sep,
na.strings = "", comment.char = "", quote = "", header = FALSE, ... )[,1]

I guess the problem happens before during the Java stuff where the 0001
file is never created (at least not in the location you expect).

On the console I see error messages like

Exception in thread "main" Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "d:/temp/colbycol/python/colbycol.py", line 6, in <module>
     os.chdir( work_dir )
   File "D:\RCompile\CRANpkg\lib\2.9\rSymPy\jython\Lib\os.py", line 261,
in chdir
     raise OSError(errno.ENOENT, strerror(errno.ENOENT), path)
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'd:/temp/Rtmp1mB6qg/dir72ae2cd6'

Best,
Uwe Ligges