[Rd] Recommendations for a quick UI.

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at imail.org
Tue Jun 2 20:26:46 CEST 2009

Some possibilities:

The Rcmdr package is a very good example of a GUI built using Tk (it does not hide the R program, but lets you do analyses using menus and dialogs).  Rcmdr also has a plug-in mechanism to write extensions to it, depending on what you want to do, writing a simple extension to Rcmdr may be enough and a lot less work than creating your own from scratch.

There are tools (Rpad, Rserve, and others) that allow web interfaces to R, that may work for you.

There is the Rcom project uses R as a background tool for other programs, the most developed tool uses MSExcel as the GUI with R doing the heavy work behind the scenes.  There are various examples of tools using the excel interface available.

There is a lot of info at: http://www.sciviews.org/_rgui/

Hope this helps,

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.