[Rd] Dynamic Library linked with Parallel Intel MKL

Markus Jochmann markus.jochmann at strath.ac.uk
Tue Jun 16 14:38:03 CEST 2009

Hi!

I call some external C++ code from R using dyn.load() and .C(). My dynamic
library is linked to the parallel Intel MKL libraries and thus should make
use of my quadcore processor. In fact, it does if I call it from a C++
program but not if I call it from R 2.8.1 packaged by Ubuntu (there it only
uses one core).

Is there some trick? Do I need to link the whole of R with parallel MKL?

Thanks a lot,
Markus.