[Rd] Special characters in Rd example section will cause errors

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Sun Jun 21 01:49:39 CEST 2009

On 20/06/2009 10:18 AM, Yihui Xie wrote:
> Hi (Duncan?),
>
> The other day I noticed some characters will cause errors in R CMD
> CHECK because of parse_Rd(), and AFAIK, these chars include '%', '{'
> and '}'. For example, note the comments in the example section:

This is documented in the reference on the parse_Rd man page.  Since
yesterday, that document is slightly out of date for R-devel, but it is
intended to be correct for 2.9.x.  If you notice any behaviour there
that contradicts the documentation I'd consider it a bug, either in the
behaviour or the docs.  I'd like to hear about both.  But I don't think
what you say below contradicts the documented behaviour.

Duncan Murdoch