[Rd] Cannot install some packages (PR#13559)

ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Sun Mar 1 00:30:19 CET 2009

robert.peck1 at myfairpoint.net wrote:
> Full_Name: Robert Peck
> Version: 2.8.1
> OS: XP Home
> Submission from: (NULL) (71.168.114.196)
>

> There are some packages that I cannot install on my PC.

I doubt this is a bug. Some or all packages? Is there some pattern?
Are you installing with sufficient privileges?

> Example: LearnBayes
>
> The following output is sent back:
>
>> utils:::menuInstallPkgs()
> trying URL 'http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/languages/R/CRAN/bin/windows/contrib/2.8/LearnBayes_2.0.zip'
> Content type 'application/zip' length 379068 bytes (370 Kb)
> opened URL
> downloaded 370 Kb
>
> package 'LearnBayes' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
> Error in normalizePath(path) :
>   path[1]: The system cannot find the file specified

This looks like the package has successfully installed (as the message
indicates) but you have problems for updating some search indizes and
other files for the help system. Which is probably a permission problem.

Have you tried to run LearnBayes? I guess it will work.

Uwe LIgges