[Rd] Two documentation questions

Terry Therneau therneau at mayo.edu
Thu Mar 5 02:38:06 CET 2009

 1. I often like to put bits of the output into the manual pages.  (We can
have a discussion of the value of this elsewhere -- I think it is sometimes
a good thing.)
  In R I need to surround these with \dontrun{} for the sake of the tester,
which is fine.  But the printed output contains
	## Not run
and
        ## End (not run)

comments, which defeats the purpose of the lines by breaking them off from
the their context.  How do I turn these off?  For printing \dontrun should
be a no-op.  Or at least I should have the option of making it so -- I'm rather
opinionated about the format of things I prepare for teaching purposes.
You can assume medium Tex skills in answering; my book is in Latex but I
don't create my own formats.

2. In the pdf for the survival package, or at least the one generated by R CMD
check, the entries are in a random order.  Can I fix this?  It makes reading
the document to look for errors rather challenging.  (That is, when I'm
looking at a particular Rd file, and want to see what it turned out to be.)

   Terry Therneau