[Rd] question

ivo welch ivowel at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 15:22:04 CET 2009

dear R developers:  it is of course easy for a third party to make
suggestions if this third party is both clueless and does not put in
any work.  with these caveats, let me suggest something.

The syntax for returning multiple arguments does not strike me as
particularly appealing.  would it not possible to allow syntax like:

   f= function() { return( rnorm(10), rnorm(20) ) }
   (a,d$b) = f()

this would just hide the list conversion and unconversion.  yes, I
know how to accomplish this with lists, but it does not seem pretty or
natural.

regards,

/ivo