[Rd] Rd \usage clause for an S4 replace method

Sklyar, Oleg (London) osklyar at maninvestments.com
Fri Mar 13 15:04:19 CET 2009

Given S4 methods [ and [<-, how do I write the Rd-file usage clause for
the latter one?
What I have now is:

\S4method{[}{TimeSeries,TimeDate,missing}(x, i, j, ..., drop)
\S4method{[<-}{TimeSeries,TimeDate,missing,ANY}(x, i, j, ..., value)

which results in the following output:

    ## S4 method for signature 'TimeSeries, TimeDate, missing':
    x[i, j, ..., drop]
    \S4method{[<-}{TimeSeries,TimeDate,missing,ANY}(x, i, j, ..., value)

How should I document the latter? Thanks.

Dr Oleg Sklyar
Research Technologist
AHL / Man Investments Ltd
+44 (0)20 7144 3107