[Rd] More Embedding REngine in Cocoa

David Zwerdling zwerdlds at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 07:44:53 CET 2009

Hello once again,
After locating the standalone REngine object set, I am having
difficulty integrating them into the XCode project I intend to use
them in.

Suppose one started with the REngine standalone source and a blank
XCode file, what special modifications need to be made to allow the
source files to see inside R.framework?  Importing the framework into
the project, setting the header and framework search paths hasn't done
anything for me yet.  The files are complaining about the R.h file not
existing.  Using the R.app as a reference, I was unable to find
specifically how it adds the R/ directory visibility to the
application headers at link or compile time.

I was able to compile and run the test file inside the REngine
standalone.  However, I don't know how to initiate my application in
XCode using the R CMD command.  What impacts will this have to the
existing program?  Finally, I was also unable to find any sort of
implementation of this in RGui.  Is this even necessary from XCode?

I hope this is enough detail.  Thanks in advance.
David Zwerdling
zwerdlds at gmail.com