[Rd] savePlot export "strange" eps (PR#13620)

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Thu Mar 26 19:34:28 CET 2009

Christophe Genolini wrote:
> Sorry for that... I find a strange behavior in "savePlot" ; before
> report a bug, I read the posting guide and I try to simplify my exemple
> as much as possible. Doing this, I change my code and I remove the "
> type='eps' " option... Sorry !
>
> Let's start this again.
>
> When I use savePlot(file="toto.eps",type="eps") and I try to incorporate
> "toto.eps" in a LaTeX document, I get a strange behavior:
> LaTeX run normaly, so does dvips. But the generated postscript include a
> graph that overwirte the line above it.
> If my latex is
>
> bonjour bonjour2 bonjour3
> \begin{center}
> \includegraphics[width=12cm]{toto.eps}
> \end{center}
>
> Then "bonjour2 bonjour3" is hidden by the graph.

No so for me, but let me (what you still not did), give a reproducible
example:

I opened some vanilla R-2.8.1 under Windows using

RGui --vanilla

in R:

plot(1:10)
savePlot(file="d:/temp/toto.eps", type="eps")

Then I created a LaTeX document:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{graphicx}
\begin{document}
bonjour bonjour2 bonjour3
\begin{center}
  \includegraphics[width=12cm]{toto.eps}
\end{center}
\end{document}

and ran LaTeX and dvips.

All is fine.  So, *please*, specify a reproducible example or we cannot
help. I presume you have a LaTeX problem. Anyway, a better way to export
your graphs would be to use a proper device directly - independent of
what happens here.

And also, this is still not proved to be a bug, particularly not in R!

Uwe Ligges