[Rd] nlminb - Port library codes

John C Nash nashjc at uottawa.ca
Fri May 1 19:52:33 CEST 2009

Having looked at documentation and codes, I'm still looking to find out
who did the installation of the Port libraries. As I work on
optimization code improvements, there are often choices of settings
(tolerances etc.), and I'd prefer to learn if there are particular
reasons for choices before diving in and making any adjustments.

It is also worth giving credit where it is due. Given the complexity of
the Port code structure, adapting them to R must have been a lot of work.

JN