[Rd] 2.9.0 configure failure on Solaris 10 U6 (PR#13689)

pulaskite at yahoo.com pulaskite at yahoo.com
Wed May 6 02:05:13 CEST 2009

Full_Name: Reginald Beardsley
Version: 2.9.0
OS: Solaris 10 U6
Submission from: (NULL) (74.194.114.227)

The configure file in the 2.9.0 tarball I downloaded from CRAN today is munged.

Here's the relevant excerpt from the config.log file:

configure:38961: cc -xc99 -o conftest -O -xlibmieee  -I/app/include  -L/app/lib

conftest.c -lnsl -lsocket -ldl -lm  >&5
libiconv_close                      conftest.o
libiconv_open                       conftest.o
libiconv                            conftest.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to conftest
configure:38967: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:

The Gnu libiconv library is installed in /app/lib, but w/o "-liconv" it will
never be linked.  Unfortunately the configure script is difficult to read making
it hard to fix by hand.  I'm using Studio 12.

Hints appreciated.

Thanks,
Reg