[Rd] proposed changes to RSiteSearch

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at gmail.com
Thu May 7 23:39:44 CEST 2009

Dear Jonathan,

On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 4:18 PM, Jonathan Baron <baron at psych.upenn.edu> wrote:
> can't imagine that someone would want to search just vignettes and not
> help pages, or the reverse.

Searching vignettes only can be of interest to users. If someone is
interested in (full-fledged) code examples, and not in various
descriptions of functions, a "search vignette" facility would come in
handy.
As a personal example, recently I wanted to search all vignettes for
"mle" examples, but could find no way to do this. I had already
searched the help pages and was unable to find something of obvious
use to me.

Best regards,
Liviu