[Rd] Predict function npindex and npindexbw (PR#13695)

maxime.to at ensae.fr maxime.to at ensae.fr
Mon May 11 23:50:11 CEST 2009

Full_Name: Maxime To
Version: 2.9
OS: WIndows
Submission from: (NULL) (81.57.236.122)

I am using the npindex and npindexbw fubctions of the NP package. I would like
to compute the predicted values of the model and tried to use the predict
function for this purpose but the function only gives me the summary of the
model but no vector of predicted values as with any other model.

Simply using the code of the example, it gives:

set.seed(12345)
n <- 100
x1 <- runif(n, min=-1, max=1)
x2 <- runif(n, min=-1, max=1)
y <- x1 - x2 + rnorm(n)
bw <- npindexbw(formula=y~x1+x2)

summary(bw)
predict(bw)

You will see that the results of the summary and the predict function are the
same.