[Rd] Strange install key for R

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Sat May 23 14:11:09 CEST 2009

2009/5/23 Uwe Ligges <ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de>:

> Gabor Grothendieck wrote:
>>
>> One user of my batchfiles
>> http://batchfiles.googlecode.com
>> found they did not find the R registry key because it mysteriously
>> was at hklm\software\wow6432Node.   The system
>> was a 64 bit system. I've always seen the key at
>> hklm\software\R-core\R which is what the batchfiles assume.
>
> So you have not been on 64-bit Windows before - and you still you those
> batchfiles? Anyway, it does redirect the entries for (almost?) all 32-bit
> Software. You might want to read MS Documentation if you feel this is an
> important issue.

For architectures I don't have I rely on users to provide feedback.
On 64 bit Windows, the key is not being redirected by Windows.
I assume that this is dependent on how one accesses the key.  Perhaps
redirection is supported through certain APIs and not others.  At any rate,
I am assuming from your answer that R is not involved in such redirection
and am adding code to handle both sets of keys.