[Rd] Vista authorization issues (PR#13718)

dpkesling at juno.com dpkesling at juno.com
Mon May 25 18:00:08 CEST 2009

Full_Name: David Kesling
Version: 2.9.0
OS: Windows Vista & XP sp2
Submission from: (NULL) (65.166.169.237)

I upgraded to 2.9.0 on my desktop (XP) and my laptop (Vista Home Basic). The XP
machine (with both Tinn-R and JGR) is running just fine... very happy. The
laptop is NOT doing too well. I've had to activate the XP-compatability mode AND
run Rgui as administrator... and there still seem to be issues. Tinn-R, even
after reinstallation, will not properly communicate with Rgui. JGR can't even
FIND R 2.9.

Again, 2.9 seems to run fine under XP and, with much struggling, under Vista.
But registry issues on the Vista platform have broken Tinn-R and JGR IDEs.