[Rd] R Embedded waring and error callbacks

Christian Ledergerber christian.ledergerber at comerge.net
Tue May 26 17:50:55 CEST 2009

Hi,

I would like to display error messages and warnings which are generated in
R in my own GUI. For normal output we simply had to assign a callback
function to ptr_R_WriteConsole and  ptr_R_ShowMessage. According to google
there should be similar function pointers for error messages. Such as
ptr_R_WriteErrConsole. However, I could not find this function pointer in
my current R installation (R version 2.8.1 (2008-12-22)). Do I need to
install a different R version or is there by now a different way to receive
those callbacks?

Your help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Christian