[Rd] MailingList: in DESCRIPTION

Romain Francois romain.francois at dbmail.com
Thu Nov 5 13:11:01 CET 2009

On 11/05/2009 12:44 PM, Prof Brian Ripley wrote:

> On Thu, 5 Nov 2009, Romain Francois wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Would it make sense to add a MailingList field in the DESCRIPTION file
>> so that we can indicate where the package can be discussed.
>
> You can add whatever fields you like, and many authors do.
>
>> More and more packages have dedicated mailing lists (mostly thanks to
>> r[-]?forge ).
>
> But those have a URL on R-forge, and surely giving that is more useful
> (and URL: is a documented field).
>
>> Romain Francois

Sure. I was thinking of coupling this field with some code along the
lines of bug.report.

BTW, since Maintainer is required, what about a "package" argument in
bug.report, that if given just sets the address to the maintainer field
(maybe making a separate case for core packages). I can submit a patch
for this.

Romain

--
Romain Francois