[Rd] getConnection, R_outpstream_st

Romain Francois romain.francois at dbmail.com
Sat Nov 7 11:24:18 CET 2009

Hello,

I'm trying to use the limited connections api defined in Rinternals.h. I
have code that looks like this (inspired from do_serializeToConn) :

SEXP serialize_to_connection( SEXP xp, SEXP connection ){

Rconnection con   ;
struct R_outpstream_st out;
R_pstream_format_t type = R_pstream_binary_format ;
SEXP (*hook)(SEXP, SEXP) = NULL ;
con = getConnection(Rf_asInteger(connection));
R_InitConnOutPStream(&out, con, type, 0, hook, R_NilValue );

return R_NilValue ;
}

The problem I have is that I cannot actually call getConnection since it
is not part of the api. Is there another way to get the Rconnection that
is associated with a number.

Many thanks.

Romain

--