[Rd] Problems building package at CRAN

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at me.com
Thu Nov 12 22:03:25 CET 2009

On Nov 12, 2009, at 11:25 AM, Dominick Samperi wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I submitted the package RcppTemplate to CRAN a couple of weeks ago but
> the Mac OS X binary has not appeared, and the person in charge of
> that process
> (Simon) suspects that the problem may be due to a
> "nested DESCRIPTION file" so that "Package:" becomes
> RcppTemplateRcppTemplate, or something like this.
>
> Can somebody explain what a nested DESCRIPTION file is so I can
> resolve this problem?
>
> Thanks,
> Dominick

Based upon a quick review of your package's page on CRAN:

   http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/RcppTemplate/index.html

it would appear that the OSX binary is present and the CRAN check page
at:

   http://cran.r-project.org/web/checks/check_results_RcppTemplate.html

only shows an ERROR for Solaris.

However, upon downloading the source package, you appear to have a
".test" folder within the main package folder, which seems to have a
redundant copy of the full package source within it. That folder of
course includes a duplicate. albeit older, DESCRIPTION file. You
should delete the .test folder to clean up the package source tree and
re-submit.

HTH,

Marc Schwartz