[Rd] Suggestion: Add links to NEWS and CHANGES on help.start() page

Karl Ove Hufthammer karl at huftis.org
Fri Nov 13 10:52:37 CET 2009

On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 09:37:31 +0100 Henrik Bengtsson
<hb at stat.berkeley.edu> wrote:
> I'd like to recommend that links to (local) NEWS and CHANGES are added
> to the help.start() overview pages.  help("NEWS")/help("CHANGE LOG")
> and help("CHANGES") could display/refer to them as well.

Are you talking of the NEWS and CHANGES for R itself, or for packages
too? It would be very useful having a convenience function for this for
packages too. Perhaps something like

library(news=MASS) (or MASS as a character string)
and
library(changes=spdep)

similar to library(help=MASS)

Or have I overlooked something, and a function for this already exists?

--
Karl Ove Hufthammer