[Rd] plot arguments (PR#14063)

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Fri Nov 13 22:16:45 CET 2009

On 11/13/2009 9:50 AM, c.harpham at uea.ac.uk wrote:
> Hi there,
>

> I have recently updated to ver 2.10 (windows - I'm running xp) and find I am
> having problems with plot arguments, for e.g.
>
> Using the errbar function the error bars are now in black despite col="red",
> the central point is in red though. Axis labels are drawn but not the 'main'
> title. No errors are reported.

There is no errbar function in base R.  You are finding it in some
package (sfsmisc? Hmisc? something else?); you should make sure you have
an up to date version of that package, and if the error is still
present, take up the issue with its author.

> Using the plot function directly I was only able to get type="l" to work - I
> didn't try them all though!

plot() works for me.

> Could well be other problems.
>

> Now reinstalled 2.7 and everything fine again, be really useful to have
> previous versions posted in case of problems - luckily I had an old
> executable.

Where did you download from that didn't have earlier versions posted?

Duncan Murdoch