[Rd] Link to pdf documentation from other package ?

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Wed Nov 18 12:41:24 CET 2009

Ulrike Groemping wrote:
> Dear developeRs,
>
> I have not found anything recent about how to link to a vignette or other
> documentation from within Rd-files. Is this now possible with the new help
> system ? For example, I would like to link to the file AlgDesign.pdf
> provided within the doc directory of package AlgDesign.

Yes, you can do it with a \url{} macro.  Use a relative link, acting as
though the starting page is located in /library/AlgDesign/html/*.  So
\url{../doc/AlgDesign.pdf}
should work from the same package,
\url{../../AlgDesign/doc/AlgDesign.pdf} from elsewhere.  Please let me
know if this doesn't work, I haven't tested.

Duncan Murdoch