[Rd] rounding the time: significant 0 does not appear (PR#14075)

macq at llnl.gov macq at llnl.gov
Fri Nov 20 05:25:09 CET 2009

This is not a bug, and has nothing to do with times. For example:

>  round(1.03,1)
[1] 1

Formatting is not the same as rounding. Perhaps you are assuming R
formats numbers according to the concept of significant digits, but
it doesn't. See the help page for the format function to get started
with understanding R's rules for formatting numbers when it displays
them. Maybe also some of the introductory R documents available on
CRAN.

-Don