[Rd] CRAN Server download statistics (Was: R Usage Statistics)

Jeff Ryan jeff.a.ryan at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 17:17:01 CET 2009

While I think download statistics are potentially interesting for
developers, done incorrectly it can very likely damage the community.
A basic data reporting problem, with all of the caveats attached.

This information has also been readily available from the main CRAN
mirror for years:

http://www.r-project.org/awstats/awstats.cran.r-project.org.html
http://cran.r-project.org/report_cran.html

Best,