[Rd] CRAN Server download statistics (Was: R Usage Statistics)

hadley wickham h.wickham at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 18:09:10 CET 2009

>> As Hadley already pointed out we cannot make CRAN logs publicly
>> available for privacy reasons. That would be a violation of national
>> laws.
>
> I think that's unlikely.  There is no info given out identifying
> users.  There are lots of web stats on the net.

Fritz and Stefan are concerned about making the raw logs available
online, not summarised web statistics.

The concern is about IP addresses which can be used to identify
individual users.  This may be commercially sensitive information -
for example, you could use this information to find out what packages
your competitors are using.

Hadley

--
http://had.co.nz/