[Rd] Error in parse(outFile)

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Wed Nov 25 13:01:02 CET 2009

Pamela McCaskie wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I have made some changes to a package (SimHap) I wrote a couple of years
> ago, and it has passed R CMD check under windows, but under linux
> (ubuntu jaunty) I am getting the following error:
>

> * installing *source* package 'SimHap' ...
>
> ** R
>
> Error in parse(outFile) : 2:1: unexpected $end
>
> ERROR: unable to collate files for package 'SimHap'
>

> Does anyone know what the "outFile" it is referring to here, and why
> this would be happening in a linux build, but not in windows. In both
> cases I'm using R 2.10.0.

When installing a package, R collects all the source into one big file
and parses it all at once.  The filename is stored internally in a
variable called "outFile".

I don't know what would be causing this difference between Windows and
Linux.  If you can send me a copy of the package offline I'll take a
look later today.

Duncan Murdoch