[Rd] Windows Laptop specification query

Keith Satterley keith at wehi.EDU.AU
Fri Oct 2 08:32:02 CEST 2009

Thanks everyone for advice on this matter.
I've been asked to report our conclusion.

We have decide to order a duo processor(3.06GHz) Dell Precision 4400
laptop with 8GB memory and 500GB disk.
It will be running Vista 64 bit to begin with, moving over to Windows 7
once a little experience is gained with it elsewhere.

We will leave the multi CPU use of R to our larger unix servers.

cheers,

Keith