[Rd] Compiling with High Performance Fortran

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Fri Oct 2 23:49:39 CEST 2009

On Oct 2, 2009, at 2:35 PM, Fabio Mathias Corrêa wrote:

> Dear,
>
> I looked in the list something on as to compile a code with access
> the High Performance FORTRAN using R CMD SHLIB, but I did not find.
> Would like to know if the accepted R this type of language?

R supports systems with FORTRAN 77 and 90/95 compilers including any
extensions such as HPF. R itself doesn't care (it accepts .f90, .f95
etc.) - it's up to you to use a compiler that suits you. Depending on
the exact HPF extensions you're using it may work with a F95 compiler.
The most commonly used compiler is GNU Fortran so you may test your
code with that (it also supported OpenMP which effectively supersedes
HPF).

Cheers,
Simon