[Rd] exTremes and ismev (PR#13981)

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Mon Oct 5 13:22:53 CEST 2009

mzukisi.gwata at gmail.com wrote:
> Greetings
>
> I am attempting to load exTremes and this is what I get...
>
> *> utils:::menuInstallPkgs()
> --- Please select a CRAN mirror for use in this session ---
> trying URL '
> http://cran.uk.r-project.org/bin/windows/contrib/2.9/extRemes_1.60.zip'
> Content type 'application/zip' length 676182 bytes (660 Kb)
> opened URL
> downloaded 660 Kb
>
> package 'extRemes' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
>
> The downloaded packages are in
>         C:\Users\Mzukisi\AppData\Local\Temp\RtmpDk0EBq\downloaded_packages
> updating HTML package descriptions
> Warning message:
> In file.create(f.tg) :
>   cannot create file 'C:\PROGRA~1\R\R-29~1.2/doc/html/packages.html', reason
> 'Permission denied'
>
> *What could be the cause of this?

This is not bug in R!!!
Please read what a bug is in the FAQs.

For questionsabout R, please ask on the R-help mailing list.

In this case, there is not even an error anywhere, just a warning, that
the given file that contains the list of installed packages could not be
updated after the package's installatio, probably because auf limited
permissions.

Uwe Ligges