[Rd] how to document stuff most users don't want to see

William Dunlap wdunlap at tibco.com
Mon Oct 5 20:32:17 CEST 2009

There are several help files in the R sources that
describe concepts and not particular R objects.
E.g., help(Methods), help(Syntax), and help(regex).
They don't have a docType  entry and their alias
entries do not refer to functions.  Perhaps your
debugging documentation could go into a similar
*.Rd file.

Does check balk at such help files in a package? Should it?
Should there be a special docType for such help files?

Bill Dunlap
Spotfire, TIBCO Software
wdunlap tibco.com