[Rd] MASS (and class, nnet, spatial) for R 2.10.0 ?

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Thu Oct 15 00:54:01 CEST 2009

On 14/10/2009 6:42 PM, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
> Maybe I missed an announcement somewhere but having started with the usual
> practice of putting R pre-releases into Debian unstable leading up to the
> release of the next R version, I now find myself unable to do my daily
> package maintenance as I only see VR 7.2-49 with its
>
> 	Depends: 	R (≥ 2.5.0), R (≤ 2.9.2)
>
> preventing use on R 2.10.0.   That stopped the update of the Debian package
> r-cran-effects (which wants MASS) in its tracks.
>
> I see the somewhat hidden MASS 7.3-0 and 7.3-1 in
>
> 	http://cran.r-project.org/src/contrib/Archive/MASS/
>
> so should I be using these?  Along with the other components of VR ?

Yes, see this news item:

     o	Bundles of packages are deprecated.  See 'Writing R
	Extensions' for the steps needed to unbundle a bundle.

The VR bundle contained packages class, MASS, nnet, and spatial, which
are now separate recommended packages, whose source is included in the R
source tarball, or on CRAN in

http://cran.r-project.org/src/contrib/2.10.0/Recommended/

Duncan Murdoch