[Rd] Question when compiling source code with VC++

cstrato cstrato at aon.at
Fri Oct 16 16:47:53 CEST 2009

Thank you for this clarification, neither did I know that it was written
by Brian Ripley (although now this seems to be obvious) nor that the
advice is already 10 years old. Thus please allow me to re-phrase my
question:

Dear Prof. Ripley:
1, Why did you propose the option "/MT" instead of option "/MD"?
2, Will the proposed settings to build the DLL still be valid for the
upcoming Windows 7?

Best regards
Christian
C.h.r.i.s.t.i.a.n   S.t.r.a.t.o.w.a