[Rd] Question when compiling source code with VC++

cstrato cstrato at aon.at
Fri Oct 16 18:57:19 CEST 2009

Dear Simon,

Of course I have read the MS docs, especially:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/2kzt1wy3.aspx
which says, that /MT uses the multithread, static version of the
run-time library.
As far as I understand this is not what most people want since to my
knowledge most programs seem to use the /MD option.

I also know that option /MT works pretty well for source code of
R-packages compiled for Windows XP. My second question is if it will
also work with Windows 7 which I do not have yet.

Furthermore, you may have realized that since some time I am trying to
find out why in my case neither option works on Vista, see my more
detailed question at:
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-devel/2009-September/054843.html
If you have any idea in this case I would appreciate it very much.

Best regards
Christian