[Rd] weird warning in [.data.frame with 2.10

Mark.Bravington at csiro.au Mark.Bravington at csiro.au
Mon Oct 19 04:33:27 CEST 2009

I'm getting the following warnings under 2.10 v50082 but not v49613

>> In addition: Warning messages: 1: In `[.data.frame`(df, -(1:nrow(df)), , drop = FALSE) : named arguments other than 'drop' are discouraged

5: In `[.data.frame`(object, !omit, , drop = FALSE) :
>>   named arguments other than 'drop' are discouraged

In neither case are there any named arguments, as the messages themselves point out.

The errors are popping up while running my 'debug' package. They are associated with another sporadic new warning nearby about "number of items... replacement length", which is more of a direct worry. This has never happened before in 'debug'; it makes me think that something more sinister may be going on in the bowels of R, but I haven't tracked it down clearly enough to report it.

Mark

--
Mark Bravington
CSIRO Mathematical & Information Sciences

ph (+61) 3 6232 5118
fax (+61) 3 6232 5012
mob (+61) 438 315 623

--please do not edit the information below--

Version:
 platform = i386-pc-mingw32
 arch = i386
 os = mingw32
 system = i386, mingw32
 status = beta
 major = 2
 minor = 10.0
 year = 2009
 month = 10
 day = 14
 svn rev = 50082
 language = R
 version.string = R version 2.10.0 beta (2009-10-14 r50082)

Windows XP Professional x64 (build 3790) Service Pack 2

Locale:
LC_COLLATE=English_Australia.1252;LC_CTYPE=English_Australia.1252;LC_MONETARY=English_Australia.1252;LC_NUMERIC=C;LC_TIME=English_Australia.1252

Search Path:
 .GlobalEnv, package:grDevices, package:ad, package:chstuff, package:handy2, package:tweedie, package:statmod, package:handy, package:debug, package:mvbutils, mvb.session.info, package:tools, package:tcltk, package:stats, package:graphics, package:utils, package:methods, Autoloads, package:base