[Rd] promptMethods() in R-2.10.0

Jay Emerson jayemerson at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 20:36:30 CET 2009

I'm trying to improve my package documentation and tried out
promptMethods() in R-2.10.0 (Linux 64-bit Ubuntu). It generates
an Rd file with an extra \ before signature, such as:

\item{\code{\signature(x = "matrix")}}{ ... }

generating warnings upon package check such as the following:

prepare_Rd: mwhich-methods.Rd:16: unknown macro '\signature'

As expected, deleting this \ creates a perfectly reasonable Rd file.
Apologies in advance if this has already been reported and fixed;
my google search didn't turn up anything, and I didn't remember seeing
anything previously on R-devel.

Jay

--
John W. Emerson (Jay)