[Rd] How to ship R scripts with R packages ?

Romain Francois romain.francois at dbmail.com
Wed Sep 2 12:55:57 CEST 2009

Hello,

(This is a remix of this previous thread:
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-devel/2009-August/054264.html , but
with a concrete example)

I am developing some packages that contain scripts (for Rscript) and
would like to know what is the best/recommended way to ship these scripts.

An example is the "ant" package (R capable version of apache ant, see
http://tr.im/xHLs). The package has a ant.R script in the exec directory
and here is how I use it :

$ `Rscript -e "cat( system.file( 'exec', 'ant.R', package = 'ant' ) ) " `

... not so pretty. Meanwhile, "Writing R extensions" talks about the
exec directory, but it is not clear if I can use it this way or how.

Romain

--
Romain Francois
Professional R Enthusiast