[Rd] R devel repository tarball naming issue

Hervé Pagès hpages at fhcrc.org
Thu Sep 3 00:21:11 CEST 2009

Hi,

Same here, we rely on these snapshots for the Bioconductor build system.

   ftp://ftp.stat.math.ethz.ch/Software/R/

Now there seems to be a file (or symlink) named R-devel.tar.gz (note
that the files with a broken name e.g. R-devel_.tar.gz are still here).
The problem is that after download and extraction I get:

   biocbuild at wilson2:~/src> cat R-devel/SVN-REVISION
   Revision: unknown

so I have no way to know when this snapshot has been created.
It used to be that R-devel.tar.gz is in fact a symlink to the
latest R-devel_YYYY-MM-DD.tar.gz located in the same folder but
that doesn't seem to be the case here. Where are the
R-devel_YYYY-MM-DD.tar.gz tarballs for the last 10 days?

Could someone please have a look?

Thanks in advance,
H.

--